Tuesday, October 25, 2016

MFT October Creative Construction With Blueprints Design Team Challenge–Getting Wordy

CCwithBP_2016oct25


A simple die-cut word can serve as a stand-alone sentiment or accent, or be integrated into a full on greeting when paired with the perfect stamps. Many of our Blueprints include simple word elements that speak volumes and this month, we’re sharing ideas for integrating them into your own crafting.


MFT_CreativeConstruction_SideBar

I love me some die cut sentiments so this challenge was right up my alley! I also love to combine die cuts with stamped sentiments so that’s what I did. I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base. Next I cut the big ol’ balloon from Blueprints 26 Die-namics from Ranger Watercolor Paper, stamped it with Versamark and Moroccan Lattice Background and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder. Then I applied a watercolor wash with Peerless Watercolors and a waterbrush, added the “string” and bow cut from Kraft card stock and set it aside.

CCwithBP_2016oct25b


Then I sponged some Sweet Tooth card stock with Lush Lagoon dye ink (I ADORE this color!) in an ombre effect and cut the “happy” out. I cut it twice more from Sweet Tooth card stock and adhered them together for dimension. Next I stamped some images from Distressed Patterns with Black Licorice dye ink, Kraft dye ink, and Lush Lagoon dye ink, added a strip of Kraft card stock with a partial sentiment from BB Birthday Bears stamped with Black Licorice dye ink, and adhered the die cut word. To finish it off I popped the watercolored balloon up on foam mounting tape and it was done! Another card that I think could pass the Masculine Test, don’t you?

And that’s it from me today! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!


1newsupplies




~Supplies~
Stamps:
BB Birthday Bears, Distressed Patterns, Moroccan Lattice Background (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice dye ink, Kraft dye ink, Lush Lagoon dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Kraft card stock, Ranger Watercolor Paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 26 Die-namics, foam mounting tape, Peerless Watercolors, waterbrush, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic (MFT); heat tool

1newsignature

2 comments:

  1. Barbara--This is a stunning card! Putting the Moroccan Background stamp on the balloon makes it perfect! Just Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your uses of the lattice design are delightful! Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!