Tuesday, June 07, 2016

MFT June Release Countdown, Day One

countdownday1a_2016jun7

Hello there and welcome to Day One of MFT’s June Release Countdown! Release is tonight at 10pm EDT at the MFT Boutique—be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for all the details. In the meantime, today previewing Blueprints 29 Die-namics, Grateful for You Stamp Set (includes coordinating die), Bundles of Blossoms Background, Striped Sentiment Strip Cover-Up Die-namics, and Oval Shadows Die-namics – this month’s Free with $60 product.

NewReleaseCountdown_Day1
I absolutely LOVE Bundles of Blossoms Background!!! Adult coloring at it’s best!!! For my first card I stamped it on Ranger Watercolor Paper with Black Licorice hybrid ink and colored it with Peerless Watercolors and a small water brush. But Copics, pencils, whatever your coloring medium of choice, it will work.

countdownday1a_2016jun7b

I knew I wanted to color it with bright colors and I’m loving them on a black base so after I was done coloring, I popped it up on a Black Licorice card stock base with foam mounting tape. I cut the die from Grateful for You from Black Licorice card stock and stamped the coordinating sentiment with Versamark on Boysenberry card stock and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder. I popped them both up on foam and it was done! With that colorful background you don’t need much else :)
*****

For my second card I went a little simpler. Don’t want to color? No need, this makes a gorgeous black and white statement background, don’t you think? And talk about easy peasy! Basically stamp it, add a sentiment, and you’re done!

countdownday1b_2016jun7

I went a little further than that with this card but it was still nice and quick and sure to please—I can totally see adding a bright color behind the Striped Sentiment Strip Cover-Up Die-namics that I used on this card to cut out the background. I went with gold, but any bright color shining through would be awesome! I stamped Bundles of Blossoms Background on Sweet Tooth card stock with Black Licorice hybrid ink, cut it out, and popped it up on foam mounting tape on Gold Shine card stock and adhered it to the Sweet Tooth card stock base.

countdownday1b_2016jun7b

Again, I cut the die from Grateful for You from Black Licorice card stock and popped it up on foam tape. The rest of the sentiment was stamped with Versamark on Black Licorice card stock cut with Blueprints 29 Die-namics and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder and adhered. To finish off I added some gold glitter enamel dots.

And that’s it for
MFT’s Release Countdown for June! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you back tonight for my New Product Launch post!


1springsupplies
countdownday1a_2016jun7




countdownday1b_2016jun7


~Supplies~
Colorful Card:
Stamps:
Bundles of Blossoms Background, Grateful for You (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Black Licorice card stock, Boysenberry card stock, Ranger Watercolor Paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 27 Die-namics, foam mounting tape, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, Peerless Watercolors, small water brush (MFT); heat tool

Black & White Card:
Stamps:
Bundles of Blossoms Background, Grateful for You (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Gold Shine card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Striped Sentiment Strip Cover-Up Die-namics, Blueprints 29 Die-namics, foam mounting tape, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic (MFT); heat tool, enamel dots

1springsignature

13 comments:

  1. This is a MUST HAVE stamp for sure. I love how you showed two completely different ways to use it Barbara~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grateful card is gorgeous, classy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are absolutely stunning and really showcase the Bundles of Blossoms set so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow stunning both of them but the time it must have taken to water color your first card. Beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! So bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow! that first card is stunning! love the black and white with the gold stripes on the second one, too. beautiful, Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me want to break out my crayons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, love your bold colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are gorgeous but I especially love your first one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your two cards are gorgeeous and show how differently you can use the flowers and messages!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, your cards really show how versatile this background stamp is! They both turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these cards are gorgeous! The first card is flat-out stunning with all the bold color.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!