Tuesday, November 17, 2015

MFT November Design Team Creative Challenge–Contemporary Christmas Colors

creativechallenge - 2015nov17


Thanks for joining me for this month’s MFT Design Team Creative Challenge! Red and green are beautiful and traditional but also, a bit predictable this time of year. This month, we’ve been challenged to think outside the box by applying non-traditional color schemes to our Christmas crafting. Modernize your holiday with an unexpected pop of color!


Print

Wooooweeeee, but I had FUN with this one! I’ve been planning on putting a Santa hat on that bird ever since it was released!! And what better way to use contemporary Christmas colors than with pink Flamingo Die-namics? And of course we have to have a palm tree full of Christmas ornaments, right? Right!!

I started with a Stone Gray card stock base. Then I did a watercolor wash on some Ranger watercolor paper with my new Peerless Watercolors. Did I mention how much I love them? I really do! OK, so next I added sand using Kraft card stock and Stitched Snow Drifts Die-namics, grass using Limelight card stock and Grassy Edges Die-namics. To continue my scene, I added the palm tree from BB Penguins in Paradise, stamped with Black Licorice hybrid ink and watercolored with Zig Clean Color Brush Markers. I decorated it with ornaments from LJD Trim the Tree and LJD Trim the Tree Die-namics using a rainbow of bright colors of MFT dye ink.

creativechallenge - 2015nov17b

The clouds were cut with BB Somebunny Die-namics, the sun from Sunshine card stock with Blueprints 21 Die-namics. And now for the star of this card. Flamingo Die-namics was cut from Bubblegum card stock and I sponged the wing with Coral Crush dye ink before assembling. I cut the hat from Wild Cherry card stock using the triangle die from Blueprints 25 Die-namics. It took some engineering but I got it to fit, then added a strip of white for the fur band, cut the pom on the end with a tiny circle die from Blueprints 21 Die-namics, then popped the whole thing up on foam. The sentiment is from BB Jingle All the Way, stamped with Versamark on Black Licorice card stock cut with LLD Smart Phone Die-namics. I wanted it to fit the sentiment better so I just shortened it with the die. I’m just Tickled Pink at how it turned out—pretty much exactly like I imagined it—love it when that happens, don’t you? :)

And that’s if for this month’s Design Team Creative Challenge! I hope you’ve had as much fun reading about it as I had creating it. Thanks for stopping by—see you soon!

1fallsupplies



~Supplies~
Stamps:
BB Jingle All the Way, BB Penguins in Paradise, LJD Trim the Tree (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Black Licorice dye ink, Coral Crush dye ink, Chili Powder dye ink, Green Room dye ink, Sunshine dye ink, lush Lagoon dye ink, Cornflower dye ink, Periwinkle dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Stone Gray card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Sunshine card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Bubblegum card stock, Kraft card stock, Limelight card stock, Wild Cherry card stock, Ranger watercolor paper (MFT); Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 21 Die-namics, Blueprints 25 Die-namics, Flamingo Die-namics, Grassy Edges Die-namics, BB Penguins in Paradise Die-namics, LLD Smart Phone Die-namics, BB Somebunny Die-namics, Stitched Snow Drifts Die-namics, foam mounting tape, Peerless Watercolors, white detail embossing powder (MFT); heat tool

1fallsignature

3 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!