Sunday, May 10, 2015

I Pick You–SSSC #268

SSSC268_2015may10


Hi, all, welcome to this week’s Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! I love wonky panels so I totally love this sketch!!! It’s a fun one, y’all, so I hope to see lots of you playing along with us this week.


SSSC268
I started this card with a Kraft card stock base. Next up is Berrylicious card stock stamped with Kraft dye ink and Star Background. The wonky panel is Sweet Tooth card stock, stamped with Sheet Music Background and Steel Gray dye ink, with some baker’s twine tied ‘round. The Black Licorice card stock sentiment strip was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with the sentiment from the new Heartstrings stamp set and popped up on foam. Next is a piece of Sweet Tooth card stock cut with Cross-Stitch Rectangle STAX Die-namics and embossed treated with Small Brick Wall Stencil and white embossing paste. After the paste dried, I put the stencil back and lightly sponged the bricks with Orange Fizz dye ink for some definition. Heartstrings Die-namics was cut from Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb and stamped with the coordinating image from Heartstrings stamp set with Black Licorice hybrid ink and colored with Copic markers before being popped up on foam. Some enamel dots and Ranger silver foil card stock stars cut with Scattered Stars Die-namics and Sun, Moon, & Stars Die-namics finished it off.

Tip: I use a lot of stars so I cut a whole sheet of card stock or whatever specialty paper I’m using at one time and store the left over in a little jar. When I want one or two stars, chances are I’ll find just what I need in that jar and I won’t have to cut just a couple or few for a single project.

Another sentiment from Heartstrings was stamped on the inside.

SSSC268_2015may10in


And that’s it! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!


1CAS Supplies2_thumb1




~Supplies~
Stamps:
Heartstrings, Star Background, Sheet Music Background (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Steel Gray dye ink, Orange Fizz dye ink, Kraft dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Berrylicious card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Ranger silver foil card stock (MFT); Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Cross-Stitch Rectangle STAX Die-namics, Heartstrings Die-namics, Scattered Stars Die-namics, Sun, Moon, & Stars Die-namics, Small Brick Wall Stencil, white embossing paste, white detail embossing powder, foam mounting tape (MFT); Copic markers, baker’s twine, enamel dots, heat tool 
                  

1CAS-Signature2_thumb1

1 comment:

  1. Bar this is AMAZING. I absolutely love the layers and how you embossed the brick background. Total perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!