Sunday, March 08, 2015

Stay Tuned For An Important Message–SSSC #259

SSSC259_2015mar8

Hi, everyone! The Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge DOES have an important message today! We are so excited to be moving to our very own blog on Blogger!! You won’t find the challenges on Karen’s site any longer so bookmark or pin or follow us at the new site:

https://sweetsundaysketch.blogspot.com

How cool is that???!!! And to celebrate the move, today’s sketch is a free for all! Use any past sketch that you want for you card and link it up on the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge blog. You can find all of the past sketches HERE.

And not only do we have a new home, we have two new team members! Help us welcome the incredible Sankari Wegman and Jill Dewey Hawkins to the Sweet Sunday Sketchers!

Now that all the announcements have been made, let’s get to my card :) I’m using sketch #218, flipped.




I started with a Grout Gray card stock base. Next up is a piece of Sweet Tooth card stock dry embossed with Zebra Stencil and popped up on foam. My two flag elements were cut with Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics from handmade patterned paper. The top one was created by stamping Paw Print Background on Berrylicious card stock with Black Licorice dye ink, the bottom one by stamping Plaid Builder Background on Sweet Tooth card stock with Black Licorice dye ink, Safety Orange dye ink, and Berrylicious dye ink. Next up is my wonky panel, stamped on Sweet tooth card stock with Grid Background and Black Licorice dye ink. I cut the body of my LLD Television Die-namics from Safety Orange card stock stamped with Wood Plank Background and Kraft dye ink, added a Black Licorice card stock base and antennae base, and the frame and antennae were cut from silver metallic card stock. The BB I Knead You image was stamped on Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb paper with Black Licorice hybrid ink and colored the Copic markers. The sentiment, from LLD Stay Tuned, was stamped with Black Licorice dye ink and the whole thing popped up on foam mounting tape. I finished off with some enamel dots.

On the INSIDE, I stamped a sentiment and kitty from PI Feline Better.

SSSC259_2015mar8in

And that’s it from me today! Hope to see you over at the new Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge blog, playing along! Thanks for stopping by—see you soon, and remember, it’s all about the art!


1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps:
LLD Stay Tuned, Grid Background, Paw Print Background, Plaid Builder Background, Wood Plank Background, BB I Knead You, PI Feline Better (MFT)
Ink:
Berrylicious dye ink, Safety Orange dye ink, Black Licorice dye ink, Black Licorice hybrid ink, Kraft dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Grout Gray card stock, Safety Orange card stock, Berrylicious card stock, Black Licorice card stock (MFT); silver metallic card stock
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
LLD Television Die-namics, Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics, Zebra Stencil, foam mounting tape, Quickie Glue Pen (MFT); Copic markers, enamel dots

1CAS Signature2

7 comments:

  1. So cute Bar, love the little kitty in the TV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect image for this weeks announcement!! So cute Bar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bar this is INSANELY toooooo cute! You are amazing! Great "outside the box" card. I didn't even realize we used the same sketch. I love how it looks flipped!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE this Bar!!! The colors and patterns are amazing, especially those diagonal stripes on the flag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara this is awesome - what a super cute card!!!!! I love this super sweet stamp set and the way you flipped the sketch!! Thank you so much for welcoming me to the team - feel so happy and honored to be here! Much love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally adorable, Bar! I love your creative idea of using the cute kitty within the tv along with the fun sentiment. And your stamped paw print banner and cool embossed background look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, well, I just love this card SO very much--it makes me smile--too cute!! Thanks so much for being so sweet and welcoming--happy to be here with you fabulous ladies! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!