Saturday, January 03, 2015

MFT January Release Countdown, Day Four

 countdownday4_2015jan3

Hi, everyone, and welcome to Day Two of MFT’s January Release Countdown! So, what did you think of yesterday’s peeks? Pretty amazing products as usual coming from MFT, right? Today we are previewing BB You Have My Heart, BB You Have My Heart Die-namics, Pierced Heart STAX Die-namics, Love Centerpieces Die-namics, Background Hearts Stencil, and Love Stencil. So much sweetness on today’s agenda:) Remember that release is on January 6th at 10pm and to get all the details, be sure to check in at the MFT Blog.


NewReleaseCountdown_Day4

I have a couple more cards for you today—I couldn’t choose just a couple products to use so I used several ;-) My first card uses the new Love Centerpieces Die-namics. This die cut covers a lot of an A2 size card base so it does a lot of the work for you. I started with a Grout Gray card stock base (Grout Gray is one of my VERY favorite neutrals, in case you hadn’t guessed) then began working on my shaker element. I cut Love Centerpieces Die-namics from Black Licorice card stock and stamped the sentiment, from another soon-to-be-released set, Smitten With You, with Sweet Tooth pigment ink and heat embossed with clear detailed embossing powder. Next I added some clear card stock to cover the openings, added foam mounting tape, 1/2” for elevation, and then poured in my confetti, cut from Green Room card stock, Lemon Chiffon card stock, Lush Lagoon card stock, Ripe Raspberry card stock, Cherry Crisp card stock, and Lavender Fields card stock. I covered that with a piece of Sweet Tooth card stock and popped the whole thing up on my card base. To finish off I added a row of gold flat back beads to the sentiment.

On the INSIDE, I stamped a heart from LJD All My Love with Ripe Raspberry dye ink and the sentiment, from another set for this month, BB You Have My Heart, with Black Licorice dye ink.

countdownday4_2015jan3in
*****

For my second card, I got my water coloring on.

C4C267_2015jan3

I started with a Steel Gray card stock base, then moved on to the water coloring part. On a piece of watercolor paper, and using Background Hearts stencil, I applied all of the new dye inks: Cherry Crisp dye ink, Lemon Chiffon dye ink, Lavender Fields dye ink, Green Room dye ink, Ripe Raspberry dye ink, Lush Lagoon dye ink with a water brush. After I applied the color, I splattered some clear water, which made the ink move, creating the kind of patterns I love to see. After it dried, I matted it with gold glitter card stock and popped it up on the card base with foam mounting tape, 1/2”. The sentiment, from Smitten With You, was stamped on a Pierced Heart STAX Die-namics cut from Steel Gray card stock with Sweet Tooth pigment ink and heat embossed with clear detail embossing powder. I added some gold flat back pearls to the heart and popped it up on foam on top of some curled up gold thread. This card is also for this week’s Crazy 4 Challenges challenge.

On the INSIDE, I stamped another sentiment from Smitten With you with Cherry Crisp dye ink and Black Licorice dye ink.

C4C267_2015jan3in

And that’s it for Day Four of MFT’s January Release Countdown! Thanks for stopping by—see you soon!


1CAS Supplies2

countdownday4_2015jan3



C4C267_2015jan3

~Supplies~
LOVE Card:
Stamps:
Smitten With You, BB You Have My Heart, LJD All My Love (MFT)
Ink:
Sweet Tooth pigment ink, Ripe Raspberry dye ink, Black Licorice dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Grout Gray card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Sweet tooth card stock, Cherry Crisp card stock, Ripe Raspberry card stock, Lavender Fields card stock, Lemon Chiffon card stock, Green Room card stock, Lush Lagoon card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Love Centerpieces Die-namics, Foam Mounting Tape, 1/2”, clear detail embossing powder (MFT); heat tool, gold flat back beads

Love You Card:
Stamps:
Smitten With You (MFT)
Ink:
Cherry Crisp dye ink, Lemon Chiffon dye ink, Lavender Fields dye ink, Green Room dye ink, Ripe Raspberry dye ink, Lush Lagoon dye ink, Sweet Tooth pigment ink, Black Licorice dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Steel Gray card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock (MFT); water color paper (Ranger); gold glitter card stock
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Background Hearts stencil, Pierced Heart STAX Die-namics, foam mounting tape, 1/2”, clear detail embossing powder (MFT); gold thread, gold flat back pearls, water brush


1CAS Signature2

19 comments:

  1. Both are fabulous, but I LOVE the water colored hearts! All those colors...stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the heart stencil watercolor card. I am going to give that technique a try. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, I am taking some great tips with me from your post. You have shown a lot of technique's in the making of these cards. I like the effect of using the 1/2 inch mounting tape for your layers. Great job, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the colourful confetti in the first! And your watercolour hearts in the second are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely gorgeous...such a fun shaker card and your watercolored hearts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new colors are so yummy,just like these releases.I'm sure you see by now...I'm Hooked.Love the size of the dies there awesome.Fab cards.☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the watercoloring card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bar, both cards are incredible! Your shaker card is super fun with all the colorful confetti and I love how you water colored the hearts on your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards, Barbara! LOVE that shaker card - awesome dies for making them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are So Creative! I like your detail of the shaker-stuff inside the card front.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you created the shaker card so cool looking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving all the shaker cards I'm seeing with this release. I love how the watercolored card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE both cards, especially the water colored card...just GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh My... These Cards are WONDERFUL!!!!

    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  15. How many ways can you say outstanding? I am finding out:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your crafts are FABULOUS Barbara! Love that shaker card and that watercolor hearts with the stencil. Mag'ni'fiq'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!