Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Think Spring–Catered Crop Recipe Swap

spring_2014mar18


Hi, there! Today’s card is for the latest Catered Crop Recipe Swap Challenge, which is to Think Spring!! Everyone is ready for it this year, for sure!! There is no sign of Spring quite as ubiquitous as the daffodil, or at least not in my part of the world, and, as I type this post, I have a clump blooming it’s little heart out even as we’re expecting to get more freezing rain overnight.

I started with a Black Licorice card stock base, then added a Sweet Tooth card stock layer. Onto that I added a layer of Sweet Tooth card stock onto which I’d stamped the chevron image from LJD Spring Backgrounds with Grout Gray ink.

Then I stamped the daffodil from Inspired by Flowers, Set #1 with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on a piece of X-Press It Blending Card and colored it with Copic markers. The sentiment, from the same set, was stamped on Black Licorice card stock with Sweet Tooth pigment ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder, then popped up on foam. I added a little tab at the top, cut from Black Licorice card stock and Sweet Tooth card stock with dies from Blueprints 13 Die-namics, with a Lemon Drop button tied with black hemp. To finish it off, I added some enamel dots.

Another sentiment from the set was stamped on the inside with Black Licorice ink.


spring_2014mar18in


And that’s it! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope to see you over at the
Catered Crop challenge—and happy Spring!


1CAS Supplies2








~Supplies~
Stamps:
Inspired by Flowers, Set #1, LJD Spring Backgrounds (MFT)
Ink:
Grout Gray ink, Black Licorice ink, Sweet Tooth pigment ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, X-Press It Blending Card (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 13 Die-namics, Lemon Drop button (MFT); black hemp, enamel dots, Copic markers, embossing powder, heat tool, foam tape


1CAS Signature2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!