Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hi–MFTWSC #160

MFTWSC160_2014jan22

Hey, there! It’s Wednesday noon so it must be time for this week’s
MFTWSC! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.


MFTWSC160 

This card is also using this month’s MFT Color Palette Challenge colors: MFT’s signature pink, black, and white.

color-palette-challenge-sidebar-242x300


I started with a Bubblegum card stock base. Then I trimmed down a piece of Sweet Tooth card stock, embossed it with MPD Scallops stencil, and matted it with Black Licorice card stock. I searched my stash of stamped “patterned paper” and found this strip of LJD Art Expression Text and added it for the horizontal element. Instead of the flags in the sketch, I opted to use some Washi tape. On Black Licorice card stock I heat embossed a image from More Washi Patterns with pink embossing powder and on Bubblegum card stock, I did the same with black embossing powder. I popped up the “hi” from Happy Hellos Die-namics on a Say What? Die-namics die cut, added some sequins, and it was done :)

Here’s the inside with a sentiment from Get Well Wishes.



MFTWSC160_2014jan22in


And that’s it! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you get a chance to play along with either—or both—of the current MFT challenges!


1CAS Supplies2







~Supplies~
Stamps:
More Washi Patterns, LJD Art Expression Text, Get Well Wishes (MFT
Ink:
Black Licorice ink (MFT); Versamark
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Bubblegum card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Washi Tape Die-namics, Say What? Die-namics, Happy Hellos Die-namics, MPD Scallops stencil (MFT); foam tape, sequins


1CAS Signature2

1 comment:

  1. I love the quick easy look of this card,,, and that you used that strip of News print from another project.... I'm so bad about getting STUFF I've saved used up,.... it's just to good to thro away, but it just never gets used.... that's me anyway...
    Love your whole project..!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!