Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thankful For You–C4C #213

C4C213_2013nov23


Hi, everyone! I’m back today with this week’s Crazy 4 Challenges card. This week’s challenge is to make a thankful card.

I thought it was fitting to get out my DC Thankful Leaves set and Fall Leaves Die-namics. I used this set so much last year and haven’t had time to show it any love this year so now’s the time :) I started with a Chocolate Brown card stock base and added a Primitive Cream card stock layer on which I stamped the script image from DC Thankful Leaves. Then I made my leaves, using the rock and roll technique—I saves some older SU! ink pads for just this reason so I wouldn’t mess up my new MFT pads. I tied the leaves together with some hemp cord and popped them up on the card, overlapping the sentiment strip, which was stamped with Chocolate Brown ink. I finished it off with some enamel dots.

Here’s the inside with a sentiment from LJD Grand Greetings.


C4C213_2013nov23in 


And that's it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you, including November’s guest designer, Vicki Parson!

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C213.


brownwendysupplies







~Supplies~
Stamps:
DC Thankful Leaves, LJD Grand Greetings (MFT)
Paper:
Chocolate Brown card stock, Primitive Cream card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Chocolate Brown ink, Kraft ink, Sour Apple ink, Tangy Orange ink (MFT); Cajun Craze, Soft Suede (SU!)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Fall Leaves Die-namics (MFT); foam tape, enamel dots


brownwendysignature

5 comments:

  1. OH, I love this card! The text in the background is so elegant, and that little bow gives it just the right touch. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Barbara this is so beautiful! Really love the layout on your card here and such pretty colors! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and extremely elegant card!! Between the script bg and the sentiment font, I love this card~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!