Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Best Ever year–MFTWSC #116

Pin It

MFTWSC116_2013mar20


Hi, everyone, I’m back again with this week’s
MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. You can find the sketch on the MFT blog and also in the MFT forum on SCS, as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.


MFTWSC116

Obviously, I haven’t gotten tired of my Die-namics Poppy Builder ;-)

This card started with a
Sweet Tooth card stock base, a Black Licorice card stock layer, and another Sweet Tooth card stock layer. I added some strips of washi tape—took me a while to “get” what the big deal was with this stuff but I think I’m on the way ;-) Liking it on this card, for sure.

Then, I cut some Black Licorice card stock with my Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX and embossed it for some texture. The sentiment is from the new Birthday Greetings, which is this month’s Triple Scoop set. It was stamped on a Die-namics Designer Labels 2 STAX die cut with Black Licorice ink and popped up on foam. The Die-namics Poppy Builder flower was made from Razzle Berry card stock with a Black Licorice card stock center. The leaves are made with Sour Apple card stock cut with the leaves from Die-namics Flower Box. A few clear gems for balance finish it off.

The inside has two more sentiments from the set, stamped with Razzle Berry ink and Black Licorice ink.


MFTWSC116_2013mar20in


And that’s all I have for your today! Thanks so much for stopping by!










~Supplies~
Stamps: Birthday Sentiments (
MFT)
Paper:
Black Licorice card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Razzle Berry card stock, Sour Apple card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink, Razzle Berry ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX, Die-namics Designer Labels 2 STAX, Die-namics Poppy Builder, Die-namics Flower Box (MFT); foam tape, embossing folder, clear gems



brownwendysignature

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is gorgeous!!! I love the bold text and colors, and that poppy is fab! I need to get that die, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is absolutely amazing, I love it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGawd, is that.......... WASHI TAPE???????????? That stuff you said you had NO use for??? THAT Washi tape??? On one of YOUR cards??? But you always said "why not just use patterned paper?" ROFLMAO!!!!!! DARLING card, girlfriend! And you know I'm just teasing!! You should use MORE Washi tape more often!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!