Thursday, February 28, 2013

Playing “Catch Up”

butterfly_2013feb28

Can you believe it’s the last day of February? I sure can’t! So far, 2013 is flying by at warp speed for me! Today I’m showing you a few projects that I just got done with some goodies I’ve had for a while.

I picked up this sweet embossing folder several weeks ago and knew exactly what I wanted to do with it for it’s debut :) I made my
Sweet Tooth card stock base, then ran another piece of Sweet Tooth through my machine with the folder. After I trimmed it down and stamped the sentiment, from Inspired by Butterflies, I attached three Die-namics Butterflies die cuts with foam over the embossed butterflies. Before I did that, though, I glued on some clear jewels to each butterfly for some sparkle. I used Lemon Drop card stock, Sno Cone card stock, and Razzle Berry card stock for my butterflies. I love this card.

And here’s the inside with another sentiment from the set:

butterfly_2013feb28in



carrottreat_2013feb28


Due to the hand surgery I had in early January, I worked way ahead and got my MFT February release projects done before surgery. Consequently, I didn’t have all of the product in hand before I had to be finished. So, now I’m playing with a couple of adorable treat container Die-namics dies that I really wanted to use at least once!

First up is this darling Die-namics Cone Treat Box. Obviously, you can use it for anything cone-shaped but making a carrot from it was a no-brainer. I cut it out from patterned paper and then made the greenery with my Die-namics Loopy Bloom die. To do that, I cut it out normally and taped the two uncut edges together with Scor Tape. Then I went down the center and cut the loops in two and finished up by snipping each of the cut loops down to the base. Then I put another piece of Scor Tape (1/8”) down the base and rolled it up. I attached it to the closed top of the carrot with some hot glue. To finish it off, I cut a Die-namics Traditional Tags STAX, stamped the sentiment, from LJD Embellished Eggs, and added the chick, was cut from my Die-namics LJD Easter Elements. I added a black jewel eye to the chick and tied the tag on with baker’s twine. I used Sour Apple card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, and Lemon Drop ink and Black Licorice ink from the MFT Boutique.





easterbasket_2013feb28 

For my final project today I have a little Easter basket treat box. I started with the Die-namics Trapezoid Treat Box, then added the Die-namics Woven Basket elements to the front and back. To dress it up, I added some Die-namics Fresh Cut Grass strips and more cute elements from LJD Embellished Eggs and Die-namics LJD Easter Elements. I used Kraft card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Lemon Drop ink, Grape Jelly ink (stamped off once), and Sno Cone ink from the MFT Boutique.

And I think that’s it for today!! Thanks so much for stopping by!








Pin It






~Supplies~
Butterfly Card:
Stamps:
Inspired by Butterflies (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Razzle Berry card stock, Lemon Drop card stock, Sno Cone card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice Ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Butterflies (MFT); clear gems, foam tape, embossing folder

Carrot Treat Box:
Stamps:
LJD Embellished Eggs (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Sour Apple card stock (MFT); Stella and Rose "Mabel" (MME)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink, Lemon Drop ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Loopy Bloom, Die-namics Cone Treat Box, Die-namics Traditional Tags STAX, Die-namics LJD Easter Elements (MFT); baker’s twine, foam tape, Scor Tape, black gem

Basket Treat Box:
Stamps:
LJD Embellished Eggs (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock (MFT); Collectable "Memorable" (MME)
Ink:
Lemon Drop ink, Sno Cone ink, Grape Jelly ink (MFT); Pretty In Pink (SU!); Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Trapezoid Treat Box, Die-namics Woven Basket, Die-namics LJD Easter Elements, Die-namics Fresh Cut Grass (MFT); black gem, foam tape, Scor Tape


brownwendysignature

4 comments:

  1. Great projects...I esp. love the embossing on the card and the colourful butterflies. what brand of embossing folder is that on the card?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary-Anne, it's made by Darice. HTH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beautiful card and such fun treat boxes- LOVE these!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bar, that butterfly card is absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!