Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Masculine Birthday–CTD #230

CTD230_2013feb20

Hi, all, and welcome to this week’s Color Throwdown! This week I’m the host and I chose this earthy color palette based on my inspiration piece.


swatch 230

I thought these colors would make a rockin’ masculine birthday card so that’s what I went with. My base card is Cajun Craze, embossed for texture and interest. The chevron panel is MFT’s Whip Cream card stock stamped with Soft Suede using a stamp from LJD Spring Backgrounds. I cut both of the double ended ribbons from my Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon set and layered them up with Lucky Limeade and Marina Mist. The sentiment is from DC Just My Type stamped with Soft Suede. I finished it off with a Tangy Orange button, a Jellybean Green button, and a blue button, all threaded with hemp cord. My layout was inspired by a card I saved from Jessica Witty’s blog.

Here’s the inside with a sentiment from Big Greetings:

CTD230_2013feb20in 


And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD230 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Denise Marzec
Joan Ervin
Kerri Michaud
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Tammy Hershberger
Wanda Cullen
Kim Hahn – February Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you back a little later with this week’s
MFT Wednesday Sketch challenge.








Pin It




~Supplies~
Stamps:
DC Just My Type, Big Greetings (MFT)
Paper:
Whip Cream card stock (MFT); Cajun Craze, Lucky Limeade, Marina Mist (SU!)
Ink: Soft suede (SU!)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon, hemp cord, Tangy Orange button, Jellybean Green button (MFT); blue button, embossing folder, hot glue/gun, foam tape


brownwendysignature

9 comments:

  1. Great card Barbara! Masculine, but not redundant! (As in, another man card with a car...or a fish.) I have trouble coming up with ideas for masculine cards. Thanks so much for stretching my creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really used these colors well Barbara!! I love the chevron pattern and your embossing. I think one of the first things I noticed was your cool threading through your buttons. Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this creative design for a masculine card! Great balance of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these colors Bar! And your masculine card with the bold design looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you used the chevron stamp, Bar...this is such a wonderful guy card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous masculine design--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this CAS, manly design! You rocked it, 'specially with one hand! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!