Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Happy Valentine’s Day–CTD #224

CTD224_2013jan9


Hi, there, everyone! It’s Color Throwdown time! And Lori has a SWEET color combo for us today!

swatch 224

 

Do you ever get something stuck in your head and you just can’t get it out? That’s me last week and this week—all I could think of for these colors were little candy conversation hearts. So I went with it and I love how it turned out!

On a Sweet Tooth card stock base, I stamped the sentiment from LJD Homespun Hearts in Black Licorice ink to start it off. Then I cut out a bunch of the smallest Die-namics Heart STAX in the challenge colors and started placing them “randomly” on my card base. I stamped words on one of each color with my Typewriter Alphabet set, popped them up to give them some dimension, and it was done!

Here’s the inside with another sentiment from the set:

CTD224_2013jan9in


And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD224 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Denise Marzec
Joan Ervin
Kerri Michaud
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Tammy Hershberger
Wanda Cullen
Miriam Napier (January Guest Designer) 

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you a little later for this week’s
MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge.

 

 

 

 

 

Pin It

 

 

 

~Supplies~
Stamps: LJD Homespun Hearts,
Typewriter Alphabet (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock (MFT); Almost Amethyst, Regal Rose, So Saffron, Certainly Celery (SU!)
Ink: Black Licorice ink (
MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Heart STAX (MFT); foam dots

brownwendysignature

7 comments:

  1. love the color combo! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just too cute!! Love how C & S it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, it's so sweet! Thanks for letting me play the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, Barb! Love all those sweet hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right...those colors really are the colors of the little conversation hearts that are so popular! Love this sweet CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, I just love your little hearts all in a row...tooo cute, Bar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an absolutely perfect Valentine's Day card, Barbara! I may just CASE this for all the grandkids!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!