Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Friends Are Like Rainbows–MFTWSC #108

MFTWSC108_2013jan23


Hi, everyone, it’s me, back again with this week’s MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. You can find the sketch on the MFT blog and also in the MFT forum on SCS, as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

MFTWSC108

 

I’m bringing out another Die-namics set for this card that I haven’t used in a while: Die-namics Rainbow. Following the sketch, I cut out my rainbow using Wild Cherry card stock, Tangy Orange card stock, Lemon Drop card stock, Gumball green card stock, and Grape Jelly card stock from MFT, and a couple of others to fill in the color spectrum. I popped it up on foam, then popped up some Die-namics Flat-Bottom Clouds. Sweet Tooth card stock was used for the base and the clouds. For the horizontal element, I tied around some black twine and added a Die-namics Sunshine die cut from Banana Split card stock for the “flower” element. Some subtly patterned paper served as the “sky” and some stitching added more texture. The sentiment is from Die-namics Umbrella Die & Stamp Set

…as is the one on the inside.

MFTWSC108_2013jan23in


I love creating little scenes and Die-namics dies make it so easy! Thanks so much for stopping by today!

 

 

 

 

Pin It

 

 

~Supplies~
Stamps:
Die-namics Umbrella Die & Stamp Set (MFT)
Paper:
Wild Cherry card stock, Tangy Orange card stock, Lemon Drop card stock, Gumball green card stock, Grape Jelly card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Banana Split card stock (MFT); Marina Mist, Lavender Lace (SU!); Loyal (Authentique)
Ink: Black Licorice Ink (
MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Rainbow, Die-namics Flat-Bottom Clouds, Die-namics Sunshine (MFT); twine, sewing machine, foam dots

brownwendysignature

9 comments:

  1. Such a fun and bright card Barbara, it will certainly bright up someone's day...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card and such a lovely sentiment! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rainbow Barb, I'm going to try it (I've never touched my die-namic - because I don't know how all the pieces will stay together!) But maybe I can figure that out now that I'm a little further along the road! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your card for this weeks challenge!! Thanks for sharing and have a fabulous week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara ... I love the way this card turned out. You truly put a smile on my face. I've been looking for a good rainbow and this one really "shines." Great job. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card! You did a beautiful job with the dies and your sentiment is so perfect. Love the stitching on the card too! Great job! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card! Love the rainbow and sun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so adorable, love how you used this sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!