Wednesday, January 09, 2013

A Room Without Books…–MFTWSC #106

MFTWSC106_2013jan9


Hi, everyone, it’s me, back again with this week’s MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. You can find the sketch on the MFT blog and also in the MFT forum on SCS, as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

MFTWSC106

 

I chose to use Bookmark Basics for my card today—I thought it would be a great way to lead up to a gift card on the inside.

After I made my card base, I added a Die-namics Designer Labels STAX 2 die cut, then some swirly bling, and then a Die-namics Oval STAX layer with the sentiment. I did some stitching and then finished it off with a sweet pink seam binding bow.

Here’s the inside using Die-namics Gift Card Pocket – Horizontal and a sentiment from Gift Card Greetings.

MFTWSC106_2013jan9in

And that’s it for me today! Thanks so much for stopping by!


Pin It








 

~Supplies~
Stamps:
Bookmark Basics, Gift Card Greetings (MFT)
Paper:
Natural card stock, Steel Gray card stock (MFT); Nature Garden (Prima)
Ink: Memento Gray Flannel, Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Gift Card Pocket – Horizontal, Die-namics Designer Labels STAX 2, Die-namics Circle STAX, (MFT); bling, seam binding, sewing machine

 

brownwendysignature

3 comments:

  1. This is simply fabulous! I love the pretty scroll paper, the jewelled flourish and it's one of my very favourite sentiments! And a book token inside - just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to present a giftcard to a bookstore. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Barb I just love this! I had completely forgotten about this quote! I LOVE this quote and when I was in Sister Petra's Latin class I translated Cicero! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!