Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Flourishes May Sneaks, Day One

maysneakday1_2012may9wtmk

It’s time for Flourishes May Sneak Peeks! Are you ready for some new fun sets? Today we’re previewing Hydrangeas—a gorgeous new set from Marcella Hawley who has captured the beauty of these flowers perfectly.

Hydrangea Graphic

I have several hydrangeas in my garden but my favorite by far is the old fashioned one I brought from my childhood home many, many years ago. Being the old-fashioned kind, it’s blue, so I went with that for my color scheme.

First of all, I stamped the large hydrangea image on Classic White card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then colored with these Copic Collections:

Evergreen Collection: evergreen


Iced Aqua Collection:icedaqua


Delphinium Collection: delphinium


Daffodil Collection:
daffodil 
Then I cut it out with a Labels Twenty Two Nestabilities die and my Grand Calibur, then sponged the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink, and popped it up on foam dots. The patterned paper I used was from my stash and is old, but I love it with this image. I added some olive green twine and some blue Dew Drops for accents, then stamped the sentiment on a Petite Oval Nestabilities die cut, also popped up on foam. I wanted to keep my card design fairly simple to let that gorgeous flower shine.

Here’s the inside with another sentiment from the set and the hydrangea again, offset and stamped off once, on Classic Ivory card stock.

maysneakday1_2012may9wtmkin

So, what do you think of this set? Just fabulous, right? Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you today...

Barbara Anders  (<--you are here!)
Julie Koerber
Cindy Lawrence
Christine Okken
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Jan Marie Caruso 
Stacy Morgan
Tammy Hershberger
Sharon Doolittle

...because ONE of them is the

Mystery Blogger Graphic_thumb[1]

for today—the winner wins the set previewing today :)

Now, here's a few things you'll want to know about this release:

  • Take advantage of a special limited time only deal and grab all of the new sets for May in the New Release Bundle at 10% off the total price. Get all the details HERE.
  • Don't forget the Home Sweet Home Challenge is in progress AND, don't forget to check the Flourishes Blog for today's Noon Time Challenge--another way to win a prize!!
  • All winners will be announced on Saturday, May 12th, at Noon CST on the Flourishes Blog.

And if that wasn’t enough, Flourishes is having an Inventory Reduction/Spring Cleaning sale—15% off all embellishments, papers, Spellbinders dies, embossing folders, and tools.

 Spring Clean Sale Graphic 2

Now’s the time to get your hands on some of those goodies you’ve been wanting. Use the code SPRINGCLEAN at check out. Sale runs through Sunday, May 13th, 2012.

OK, I think that's all from me! Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll see you back again tomorrow with another sneak!

 

 

Pin It

 

 

~Supplies~
Stamps: Hydrangeas (Flourishes)
Paper: Classic White, Classic Ivory (Flourishes); Brocade Blue , Kraft (SU!)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Grand Calibur; Labels Twenty Two & Petite Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders); twine (May Arts); Dew Drops, sewing machine, foam dots, Copic markers

brownwendysignature

48 comments:

  1. Beautiful stamp and beautiful card. I love it Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful, Barbara! I love the DP you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbara! Your card looks Beautiful!! I love hydrangeas and the colours you used. Beautiful colouring too. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Barbara, your card is gorgeous! This flower is so well colored, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome - I just LOVE hydrangeas!!!! Beautifullly colored!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wauwww thios fower looks verry real, your colouring is stunning!!!!
    my compliments for this fabulous card!!
    xx petra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Wow I love this set and your card is gorgeous!! Flourishes just makes the BEST flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!!! The bling complements your image fabulously :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just fabulous is exactly my thoughts! Love the way you coloured with light and shaded parts of the hydrangea. Beautiful card!
    Beth Greco

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card, Barbara! Adding this set to my must have list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Barbara. I love the blue and purples of your hydrangea.. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Barb, this is gorgeous! I love the image (Marcella is amazing), but your coloring is exquisite...what a showcase for this new set...a gotta have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhh, I need this stamp. I adore hydrangeas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is simply lovely! The coloring is perfect and I love the background paper too. As always, a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Babara,
    This is just beautiful! I love that you kept the vintage look with the gingham dp.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhhh I love Hydrangea!! Your coloring is beautiful and so is your card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely stunning card Barbara! I love the colours you chose for your card. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh my gosh!!! absolutely gorgeous card! lovin' the hydrangea set!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card. Your coloring makes this look real.
    Jan Marie
    Flourishes

    ReplyDelete
  22. My jaw dropped when I saw this one Barbara...the coloring is just stunning. My favourite are the blue too :) Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ok, Barbara, you have magical Copic skills! I couldn't color like this, even in my dreams! :) But seriously, I am so in love with your card it's like everything you touch turns beautiful! I'd count this card as one of the best of the best, of yours :)

    ~ Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my word, this is out of this world stunning! Your coloring really brings this image to life - I love the layout too. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ok.. this is going to sound odd but this card feels like a pair of comfy jeans on a lazy country afternoon - just has that easy breezy beautiful feel to it! It's a keeper! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I made the mistake of checking out this blog hop from work. Now all I can think of is going home and stamping. AND BUYING this stamp set! I've learned a lesson -- no more blog hopping from work! But this card is AMAZING! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Bar this is so pretty! Your coloring is AWESOME and those little bubble dots are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I made the mistake of checking out this blog hop from work -- now all I can think about is going home to stamp -- and buying this stamp set! I've learned my lesson -- no more blog hopping at work! Your card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is just beautiful. Your coloring is wonderful. Love hydrangeas - color all summer long!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Simply beautiful! Love it and love Hydrandgas.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great work as always Barbara, I like the way you colored your petals. The inside is just as pretty as the outside of your card. A great reminder to put a little stamping on the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, what a gorgeous card! Your coloring is just stunning! I love that labels die and beautiful background paper! Hydrangeas are one of my favorite flowers and I have two beautiful bushes in my front yard. One has all blue blooms and the other has multi-colored blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Stunning card, Barbara! Wonderful coloring and design!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love hydrangeas! This is a beautiful image -- and you colored it gorgeously!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a gorgeous stamp and you've certainly made it shine! Love the gingham-like background and the beautiful colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Barbara your card is stunning! The hydrangeas are beautiful and your colours are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous card, Barbara!!! Love, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a really awesome card, thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful card! Very elegant! Hydrangeas are my favorite!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  40. The coloring is wonderful and ties in the the blue jewels perfectly. I especially love the inside stamping with the sentiment. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gorgeous coloring! Love the checked BG!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love this beautiful flower and card. Great colors and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Barbara,

    Hydrangeas are one of my favorite flowers and you managed to capture the subtle nuances of color that this awesome and sometimes not appreciated flowers have! Congratulations!

    Cariños,

    María Alba Negrón
    San Juan, Puerto Rico
    perfectasimperfecciones@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your coloring on this is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!