Friday, April 06, 2012

Flourishes April Pre-Release Challenge–The Motherly Love Challenge

motherslovechallengewtmk_2012_apr6

Welcome to Flourishes April Pre-Release Challenge! This
month’s challenge is to make a Mother’s Day card. Won’t be long before we need them, so no time like the present to get started! You can get all the details about this challenge at the Flourishes Blog!



Motherly Love Graphic


I lost my mother several years ago, but every Mother’s Day I remember that when I was growing up, she always got an orchid corsage to wear to church. So I decided to do this card with the gorgeous

Orchids set. I had never inked up this particular image so it was about time :)

I stamped it on
Classic White card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with these Copic collections:

Evergreen Collection:

evergreen

Robin’s Egg Collection:

Robin's Egg Collection

Hollyhock Collection:

tea_rose
Tea Rose Collection:

Pinks-Gr-1

Then I cut it out with a Classic Oval Nestabilities die, matted it with a Labels Eighteen Nestabilities die and popped it up on the embossed and quartered base. The sentiment, from the Siberian Iris set, was stamped on a Standard Circle Nestabilities die cut and popped up on foam as well.

And that’s it! Now, be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you today...

Barbara Anders  (<--you are here!)
Julie Koerber
Cindy Lawrence
Christine Okken
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Stacy Morgan
Tammy Hershberger
Sharon Doolittle
Jan Marie Caruso

Thanks so much for stopping by! Flourishes will be closed for customer service needs starting Friday through Sunday. Any orders or emails will be responded to first thing Monday morning so that our Flourishes family can enjoy the Easter holiday. Thanks for your understanding.

 

Pin It

 

~Supplies~
Stamps: Orchids, Siberian Iris (Flourishes)
Paper: Classic White (Flourishes)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/tools:
Grand Calibur machine, Classic Oval, Labels Eighteen, Standard Circle Nestabilities dies (Spellbinders); Copic markers, embossing folder, foam dots

 

brownwendysignature

12 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful memory of your mom, this is so beautiful, love the card design and the embossing, so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, This a absolutely beautiful! You outdid yourself on the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really a stunning card. Som much white space, love the textures, but your focal point-the Orchid and it coloring just blew me away. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Jan Marie
    Flourishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, beautiful coloring on the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a Lovely card to remember you Mom with for Mothers Day... The colors on your Orchid are so full of depth and look so rich... and the way you poped it up on the embosed background is so elegient!! Love the whole look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... just stunning coloring Ms. Bar-- that purple really pops to create a lovely card! Hope you have a beautiful Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.... Bar your Orchids look fabulous. Love the layers and white on white. I hope you have a wonderful and blessed Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, Barbara! I too lost my mom, so Mother's Day is hard. But oh the memories that we cherish! This orchid looks so real...fabulous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is STUNNING Bar, you rocked this card, from the texture to the white one white to the gorgeous coloring! A beautiful memory and tribute to your mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Barbara, I just found your blog through Pinterest! Wow. I'm a beginning stamper and love to do anything paper related so you will be my inspiration. Your Mom and mine were the best and I, too, remember those pretty Easter and Mother's Day corsages that our wonderful Dads gifted us with. It is so nice to find you. Tell John, "hi" for me. -Dianne Rowe Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh!! Dianne, it's so GOOD to hear from you!! If you read this, please email me so we can catch up--there's a link to my email on the main blog page, left column. John says "hi" back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh, what a memory... my Dad always got Mom, my sister and I corsages at Easter, too! Even when we were really little, that always made me feel so special! Your orchids are stunning, Bar! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!