Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hello, My Friend–MFTWSC #20 and CTD #142

Wednesdays are such fun around here—combining the MFT sketch and the Color Throwdown colors makes card making easy—usually! This week my girl Broni has chosen the colors and they were a REAL challenge to me!

swatch 142

And here's the sketch--another fun one from MFT! Which I flipped, of course, LOL. You can find the sketch on the MFT blog and also in the MFT forum on SCS, as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

MFTWSCSketch20

 

And here’s my card. I’m using MFT’s new Just My Type Die and Stamp Set (yes, again, because I love it!). I decided to keep it relatively simple and use a lot of white space to balance these strong colors.

MFTWSC20_CTD142_2011may18

I used the Open Zig Zag Border Die-namics die for a white border, topped it with some black lace and, although you can’t really see it here, there’s a green panel under the typewriter, following the sketch. Some Kiwi Kiss ribbon, a Basic Gray flower, made with the Pretty Posies Die-namics die, and it was pretty much done. I also added some lime Dew Drops to bring attention to the Zig Zag border.

And here’s the inside, with another sentiment from the set, another Zig Zag border and another flower.

MFTWSC20_CTD142_2011may18in

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_FourPointFrame_PreviewGraphic

MFT_PrettyPosiesFinal

upsydaisy Die-namics

Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD142 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor

Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs

Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy

Kristin Beuter - Mindless Creativity

Laura Pryor - Lil' Inker Designs

Cathy Indelicato - Crafty Thoughts...

Carole Burrage - Mother's Little Helper

Jen Mitchell - I Create (I think, I ink, I stamp) May Guest Designer

Thanks SO much for stopping by!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Just My Type (MFT)
Paper: Sweet Tooth, Black Licorice (MFT); Basic Gray (SU!); (Black Market Paper Society)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Just My Type, Pretty Posies, Open Zig Zag Border, and Upsy Daisy Die-namics, baker’s twine (MFT); button, Dew Drops

brownwendysignature

11 comments:

  1. Barbara, I think you did well with these colors--you made them work and look good! I LOVE the inside of the card. Taking that extra time to finish the inside sure is worth it when you're the one doing it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card-love these colours and this stamp set TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really nice! I love the layered ribbon over the crocheted lace and the simple flower with the button! These colors are perfect for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love the color combo and the grey flower. SO pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card!!! I think I chose these colors just so you could make this!! Love that typewriter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great image and great card. I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great card. I love that typewriter stamp and your wonderful layered flower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE how this turned out, girlfriend... inside and out! (And you thought you wouldn't be able to work with those colors!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO SO SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!