Friday, April 01, 2011

MFT April Teaser, Day One




If you've seen the Freeze Frames this week at the MFT blog, you know you're in for a treat as we show you teasers for the next five days. Today we're showing you Flapper Doodles - Hold Me Tight, Typewriter Alphabet, and Own Your Story (packaged with Four-Point Frame Die-namics die). I'm showing you Own Your Story and Typewriter Alphabet, but first, a few little things you need to know:
  • The May Guest Designer Contest begins today and ends on Monday, April 4th at 10 PM EST. The winner will be announced at the release party. Get the deets here.
  • Teasers begin today and will be daily through Tuesday, April 5th. Head on over to the MFT blog to see what the rest of the team has come up with for today's teasers. Every day there will be a prize hidden on two of the Creative Team's blog posts. Leaving a comment on every designer's blog post will give you the best chance of winning every day :) Check the MFT blog daily for the winners.
  • The April Hop and Shop will begin at 10:00pm April 5th, with the hop also starting at the MFT Blog.
Soooo, here's my card for today. This card is also for the Guest Designer Challenge, which is Shabby Chic. Totally fun and totally right up my alley :) Love me some Shabby Chic.


I used three stamps from Own Your Story on the sentiment focal image: the notebook lines, the sentiment itself, and the pale blue flourish. Then, see the little heart with I{heart}U on it? I did that using the new Typewriter Alphabet set. There are two sizes of letters, upper and lower case for both. I used the smaller size for the heart and did the {brackets} freehand and pinned it to the focal image with a Tim Holtz Memo Pin. Just THINK of the possibilities with this set! 'Course, I did some extreme distressing both with a tool and ink, and sanded the scalloped border. Speaking of which - yep, another new die!! Simply Scallops Medium Die-namics die!! OMGosh! A perfect size scallop!! Love. And also speaking of new dies, the flower--Pretty Posies is a new 5 petal flower die in three sizes! More love. Finally, some lace, some tea dyed seam binding and it was done! Other MFT products I used are Fossil, Whip Cream, Sno Cone, and Gumdrop Green cardstock.

Here's the inside with another fabulous sentiment from Own Your Story. This set has so many encouraging and uplifting sentiments--you'll be reaching for it often, as will I.


What do you think of our new Die-namics graphics. Are they pure MFT, or what!?





That's it for today's teaser--thanks SO much for stopping by! I'll be back tomorrow with another peek at April's fabulous release.

~Supplies~
Stamps: Own Your Story, Typewriter Alphabet (MFT)
Paper: Fossil, Whip Cream, Sno Cone, Gumdrop Green (MFT); Botanical 6 x 6 pad (Prima)
Ink: Soft Suede (SU!); Weathered Wood, Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Simply Scallops Medium, Pretty Posies, Hearts A Plenty Die-namics dies (MFT); lace (craft store); Memo Pin, distressing tool (Tim Holtz); button, twine (PTI); seam binding

40 comments:

  1. Oh, so many pretty thing to love about this card. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this shabby chic card is so beautiful. Love the soft tones and the new set is just perfect here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so soft and pretty Bar, I love that shade of blue. All the dies look amazing on your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Barbara, I love that you "grunged" it up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so peaceful and pretty! great colours and use of die-namics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like those new stamps and I like your card, inside and out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO super pretty, love that flower piece!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous! Love me some shabby chic too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You amaze me! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went back to take another look, and I absolutely love the ribbon behind the flower. Is it wired, or is that the seam binding? I really love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute card. I'm such a fan of shabby chic! And I am in so much trouble with this release. I love EVERYTHING just from the day 1 sneak peeks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Retirement countdown?!?! YAYYYY, more time to stamp--and garden! :)

    Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, girlfriend! LOVE those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love what you've done with the new toys!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooooo, I knew you'd have a pretty shabby chic card today! love this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card! I like the scallop die-namics & the sentiment stamp set. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is terrific Barb. Such a pretty card!!! Great job. And the teasing is working on me...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the dp and the fabulous shabby chic design with the new stamps.....ackkkk, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful and elegant come to mind when I see this card... Thanks for the eye candy!

    http://erinsheartsprinkles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous, Barbara! I love your vintage/shabby look!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty and elegant Barbara! Love the ribbon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card!. Love all the distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the distressed edges Barbara!! It's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the colors! Well, okay, I like EVERYthing on this card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. perfectly shabby!! just absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. so pretty. like the blues.

    jennik

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love all the blue tones! Soooo gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very pretty Barbara, love all the soft blue tones, very calming.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card! I love the soft colors! and this stamp set is a definite must have! It's perfect :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card! Love the design & colours! TFS ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. GASP!!! Barbara, this is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  32. gorgeous Barb- love the new dies and the papers are just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Inspired and inspiring Bar! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!