Sunday, March 20, 2011

First Ever My Time Made Easy Color Challenge!


My Color Throwdown sister, Kristin, asked if I'd be interested in making a sample for the first MTME color challenge and I said YES!! Love me some color challenges :)

Here are the deets:  make a card using these colors and upload it at the MTME blog HERE. If you also upload to a public gallery, please use the keyword MTMEPPC01. AND, if you play along with all four challenges in a month, you will be eligible to win a Perfect Prize Package of your choice! 

The colors for this week are Red (Real Red), Light Pink (Pink Pirouette), Ivory (Vanilla), and Light Green (Celery). What a pretty color combo--I just couldn't refuse!

And here's what I came up with. With those colors I just had to do something with flowers, KWIM? So, I brought out my MFT How Does Your Garden Grow set.


I stamped the flower stalks with Certainly Celery ink and added the die-cut flowers using my Flower and Leaf Trio Die-namics (temporarily out of stock) dies. I added some sweet grass with Certainly Celery patterned paper and my Fresh Cut Grass Die-namics die. I added some sweet little yellow buttons for the flower centers, and tied a pink button on with some red baker's twine. Finally, I stamped the sentiment from MFT's Thanks a Bunch set (also out of stock).
 


So, head on over to the MTME blog and play along with the challenge--this is your chance to get in on the very first one!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

~Supplies~
Stamps: How Does Your Garden Grow, Thanks a Bunch (MFT)
Paper: Whip Cream (MFT); Certainly Celery, Real Red, Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery DSP (SU!)
Ink: Certainly Celery (SU!); Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Flower and Leaf Trio and Fresh Cut Grass Die-namics dies (MFT); buttons (PTI); baker's twine; linen twine (TCP)

8 comments:

  1. Very cute card. I love the flowers. They are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very PRETTY Barb, LOVE those colors!!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, thank you very much for sharing this charming card. I love those layered flowers. Scrumptious! I am really impressed with the grass, it looks so good. When I use my MFT die it always looks so flat. You've got your lawn looking really lush. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bar, this is simply beautiful! Of course this palette is perfect for blooms! The vision in my head of what I want to create to play along is laden with flowers also :] LOVE that you die cut your grass from patterned paper and I am head over heels for those pretty die cut flowers! This is really striking, girl! Thank you so much for helping us to kickoff the new challenge! We really appreciate you jumping in and helping to get things started ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bar, this is such a fun design! I love your flowers and grass and accents. It's so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for helping us start out, and playing along! Your card was perfect for the challenge! I really appreciate the time you took in sharing this :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeeeeek!....omgosh....this is THE cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out so cute, Bar... LOVE the multiple layers of flower petals!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!