Friday, August 13, 2010

Ribbon Scraps - Stamp Simply #152

Sharon has a whopper of a challenge for us this week! See what she says below, and why I had a hard time with it!


August 13 - ssnotime152 - Ribbon Scraps - Waste not, want not! I think we all save even the tiniest of our ribbon scraps, right? I know I do. Today's challenge is to use ribbon scraps on our card or project. You may use as many as you want, just make sure it's a scrap, a small piece. You can do whatever you want with them, but let's just make use of some of these little bits of prettiness!!! This will be fun!!!

Should be easy, right? Only thing is I don't *have* any ribbon scraps. None, not a one. When I tie a ribbon around a card element, I leave the ribbon on the spool or bobbin and use only what I absolutely need for my bow--the only waste is at the most 1" and I throw them away! So I had to fake it by adding that little piece of Kraft ribbon on my bow. I know, it's lame, but I love how the card turned out despite it's lameness ;-)

I'm using a Crafty Secrets Summertime Journal Note, which can be found at Sharon's store here (scroll down to about 1/4th of the way from the bottom of this page) for my image. The second element down is the bottom part of the Journal Note, so there was no waste with it--can I count that, LOL? My layout is this week's SCS Sketch #293. Patterned paper is from Cosmo Cricket's Garden Variety and the scalloped border was done with MFT's Small Scalloped Border Die-namics die.

So, now it's your turn. Come along and play and take us up on the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave the link to your project on Sharon's blog using Mr. Linky. Please use the keyword ssnotime152 if you upload to a public forum. Don't forget to check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team and leave 'em some love!

Charlene Driggs - August Guest Designer

Barb Schram

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp

Deb Neerman--not playing tonight--feel better Deb!!!

Thanks for dropping in! I always love it when you do!

~Supplies~
Stamps: None
Paper: Fossil MFT; Riding Hood Red (SU!); Garden Variety 6 x 6 pad (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Small Scalloped Border Die-namics die (MFT); Kraft ribbon (SU!); button, twine (PTI); twill; sewing machine


15 comments:

  1. Cool Veggie picture, nice touch of ribbons with button! Rosy Eckhardt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I need to try your method! I almost always have scraps or I change my mind mid-stream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara this is so pretty! I love the vintagy feel! Great use of scraps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I want to hop on over to Sharon's store and get some of the them NOW!!! Just gorgeous---not many scraps on my desk either!!! Little pieces drive me nuts. Notice I did not say that this drove me to my garden, which is being overtaken by weeds right now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous design Barb! I LOVE seed packet or veggie images...your design around this is just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMMY~~ I am making veggie stuffed peppers tonight so this is perfect eye candy for me today........ WONDERFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how the top layers just pop with those polka dots behind them! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent card. Love the warm homey feel to it. And if you ever need scrap ribbon, I have two jars filled. Why I keep them is a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HA! I love this FAKER card!!! LOL I NEVER EVER EVER keep scraps, be it paper, ribbon, DP ANYTHING... straight to the crap can!!!! It USED to be the burn barrel but moving to town, cut that fun down!!!!

    LOVE the card Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh- I reallly like those crafty secrets images! I may be tempted to shop a little! fabulous card Barb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is STUNNING!!!! Love how the bow turned out!!
    Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like ANY card you make could be lame??? Gimme' a break! LOL This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!