Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hitch your wagon to a star - JUGS #46



Mornin', y'all :) Today's card is for a cause--to let you know about a fund raiser called Ethan's Rodeo. Ethan lost his fight with neuroblastoma, a childhood cancer responsible for approximately 15% of all childhood cancer deaths and the rodeo raises funds for neuroblastoma research. Please check the website for all the details. My CTD sistah, Kristin, is also on the JUGS team, which is helping to promote this event with a challenge, so head on over and check them out and join in!

So, here's my wild west card :) Lucky for me I just got this new Cosmo Cricket 6 x 6 pad called Wanted, otherwise I had nothing even remotely relevant to anything Western. I thought this sentiment, from MFT's Clearly Sentimental About Emerson, fit the paper and theme just fine. It's stamped on a Fossil card stock panel stamped and cut with the Framed Greetings set. Some twine, a few buttons, and some die cut stars finish it off.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Now don't forget to stop by the JUGS blog and see what they have for you.

~Supplies~
Stamps: Clearly Sentimental About Emerson (MFT)
Paper: Hot Fudge, Fossil card stock (MFT); Ocean Tides (PTI); Wanted 6 x 6 pad (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Tea Dye Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Framed Greetings Stamp Set and Dienamics die (MFT); Stars Nestabilities; twine, buttons (PTI); sewing machine


26 comments:

  1. Wow this is stunning. The papers, colours and layout are so beautiful
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the paper! Wonderful!!!
    Great work!
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my goodness! I love this Barbara! The layers are amazing and I love that sentiment! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your western card-it all really ties together. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome DP!!!! Have to look that one up!!!!

    Who says Cowboys are the BEST... and pretty nice to look at too (from behind ;) )

    Every year at Pendleton they have the PBR (Pro Bull Riders) and they do the Are you Tough Enough to wear Pink on Thursdays... its to raise awareness for Breast Cancer!!!!

    In fact I'll be home in a few weeks and seeing my Daddy again... WAHOOO I'm SUPER EXCITED!!!!!! I MISS HOME and I MISS MY DADDY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, this card made me gasp! Honestly, this is a stunning card with such a manly feel (do they go together? LOL) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card! Love the papers and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL Barb, those papers are GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbara this is BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Western Card.. Love all those textures and the DP is so nice...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect western card! I love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic Barbara! Perfect DP and I love your finishing touches. Nicely done. Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE that paper, and the sentiment couldn't be more perfect for the challenge! Fabulous card, Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AWESOME card, Bar! Love how masculine this is...I struggle with those. LOVE your layout, paper, focus sentiment and those adorable die cut stars! The twine is a perfect addition. Thanks for helping promote the rodeo! I'm so glad you could play along this weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic card! Love all those layered diecut stars and fun buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous card! Love all that texture!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is wonderful, Barbara! The papers and colors and sentiment--I love it all. I just got that paper pad myself and am looking forward to using it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome card....I just realized I have that paper stashed away somewhere too! Perfect for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG....this is amazing! I love your layering and the soft colors. I am absolutely in LOVE with that frame from MFT....and I just found out that my LSS carries some of the PI and Die-namics lines! Yippee!!!!! I'm in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad you got that paper pack! This is one perfectly beautiful estern card! LOVE IT!!!

    thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Totally fabulous card. Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Totally wonderful. LOVE the papers so perfect. Great layout! Nice job and thanks for playing along with JUGS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Barbara, this is a fabulous card, love the colours you worked with! Thanks for joining in the fun at JUGs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!