Friday, January 15, 2010

Spring Primrose - Stamp Simply #122

It's Stamp Simply time!!! This week, Sharon wants us to do something with flowers in Spring colors. OK, so mine is kinda dark, but you see the Spring flowers there, right? Right? ;-)

Here's what Sharon says:

Mid-Winter Perk-me-up! Today we are all going to create projects with a floral theme and some fresh spring-time colors - whatever says *Spring* to you! Let’s just forget our cold temps and think of those beautiful flowers due to pop up once spring does hit! Just Think Spring and have some fun!


I've had this new Origins paper from Basic Grey several weeks and couldn't help myself--I just had to use it! I'm also using the February flower from Flourishes' A Year In Flowers Calendar Set 1. I stamped it on a Perfect Paper Panel (I really {heart} this paper for Copics!) with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copic markers. Then, I wanted this graph paper-like background for it so I cut it out and popped it up on 3M foam squares. I'm using Mercy's sketch for this week and I love how this turned out. All edges are sponged with PTI's Vintage Touch ink and the sentiment was punched out with a small oval punch and popped up, as well. Some cheerful sheer yellow ribbon brightens it up. Look, Ma, no buttons ;-)

So, now it's your turn. Come along and play and take us up on the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave a comment on Sharon's blog telling her where you uploaded. Please use the keyword ssnotime122 if you upload to a public forum. Check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team!

Michelle Woerner - Guest Designer

Julie Koerber

Jennifer Buck

Barb Schram

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Tammy Hershberger

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp

Thanks for stopping by today! Tomorrow is Crazy 4 Challenges day and we've got a fun sketch for you so I hope you'll stop by again then.


~Supplies~
Stamps: A Year Of Flowers Set 1 (Flourishes)
Paper: Whisper White, Garden Green, Soft Suede (SU!); Perfect Paper Panels (MFT); Origins 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: 3M foam squares, ribbon, flat back pearls (craft store); Copic markers; oval punch (SU!); paper piercer (Ornare); piercing template/mat (SU!)


10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Barb!! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. G-O-R-G-E-0-U-S!!! Love this card...the colors are so rich and you rocked the Sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! First this card is lovely. I love the bright yellow color scheme.
    Second this is my first time visiting your blog and I love your work. I'm going to sign up for updates right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous coloring here Barb! This is a BEAUTiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! Love how the flower stands out against that grid-like paper, and the beautiful yellow bow! But where's the button? LOLOL (*ducking and running*)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS! Have a great weekend, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty--the color combo really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW-- This is fantastic with the Origins papers!!! Awesome card! Love the vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your colors here just POP that image -- so fun -- lovin' the yellow!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!