Monday, January 11, 2010

Love You Forever

Finally getting around to Mercy's Sketch for the week that's almost over.

I started out trying for CAS but it wasn't happening. I do have layers but there's a lot of white space--I think I'm channeling Silke, LOL ;-) I fiddled with this card way too long, but I love how it turned out in the end.

I started by stamping the heart border image from PTI's Simple Valentine. I had decided I wanted to use black, white, and Hibiscus Burst, so to tie it together, I used a black Copic marker to fill in some of the dots on the border. Then I stamped the small polka dots from Polka Dot Basics II in Hibiscus Burst and stamped the sentiment from Heart Prints in True Black. I've had that ribbon for forever and it matches just about perfectly--the Vintage buttons in Hibiscus Burst and True Black are tied on with DMC embroidery floss in a close match. The stamped hearts are from Heart Prints, too. Since I don't have the heart punches I cut them out by hand and popped them up with Pop Dots. I love the mix of layers and lots of white space. I almost added some black flat-backed pearls to the upper right corner but decided that less is more in this case ;-)

Thanks for stopping by today!!

Supplies: Stamps: Simple Valentine, Heart Prints, Polka Dot Basics II (PTI) Paper: White, True Black, Hibiscus Burst (PTI) Ink: Hibiscus Burst Pigment, True Black Hybrid (PTI) Accessories: Pop Dots, DMC floss, ribbon (craft store); Vintage buttons (PTI); border punch (Martha Stuart)







5 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!