Saturday, November 21, 2009

Warm Winter Wishes - Crazy 4 Challenges #12

Happy Saturday!!! I CANNOT believe it's almost Thanksgiving here in the US. After Thanksgiving it seems like Christmas is only a couple of days away! And I still have a TON of stuff to do before my Christmas Open House! Yikes! If I'm MIA any day, that's probably why, LOL!

But I'm here today with a brand new Crazy 4 Challenges challenge. Frances has a sketch for us--I looooooove me some sketches :)


I've been NEEDING to play some more with my PTI Holiday Button Bits so I pulled it out and decided to run with this CUTE little snowman. Ain't he SWEET? I stamped him on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored him with Copic markers. I stamped the head again, colored it, and cut it out before adding some Polar White Flower Soft to his hat. Embellished him up and he's good to go! I just could NOT leave his button holes naked, though. I could not do it!!!!!! So I ran some brown Pearl Cotton through them. Now, he's dressed ;-)

NOW, be sure to check out the samples by the rest of the Crazy 4 Challenges team!

Cindy Haffner
Frances Byrne
Jessica Diedrich
Jessie Rone
Joanne Grzelak
Joycelyn Turner
Lori Boyd
Lynda Benden
Mercy Kerin
Robin Willis
Vicki Garrett

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the sketch and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project, and not your blog. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C12.

Thanks for stopping by today!!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Holiday Button Bit (PTI)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red, Mellow Moss (SU!); Jolly By Golly (Cosmo Cricket); Perfect Paper Panels (MFT)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provo Craft); Tag Trio (Spellbinders); 3M foam squares, ribbon, Pearl cotton (craft store); Vintage buttons/twine (PTI); snowflake punch (Martha Stewart)


11 comments:

  1. Bar your snowman is just darling, awesome job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that little button snowman .... love it Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too stinkin' cute -- love his little button body!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the button/ribbon combo is perfect...gorgeous, Barbara!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh! That is the sweetest snowman with the button body....Ohh I love him!!!!

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. barb...this is perfection! love that image, your coloring, and that ribbon is yummilicious! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Love LOVE the button snowman...oh my gosh, just THE cutest! Your bow with the button is very pretty, too! Great card, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely DARLING Barb! The little snowman is too cute as are your papers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a sweet little snowman....great use of the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a cute card. I like the tag tied on with the button and very cool the way you pierced the create the snowdrifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. TOO cute! I might have to get my Holiday Button Bits inky now, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!