Monday, April 13, 2009

Still Life--Pears

When I first saw the colors for SCS Color Combinations #213, I wasn't at all sure about them. But I love how my card turned out!!! The colors for this week are Bashful Blue, So Saffron, and Close to Cocoa. So, I started looking through my stamps and spied this Karen Lockhart stamp that would be perfect. Saffron pears? Why not?

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Close to Cocoa and DSP from Frosty Day DSP, both of which had their corners punched with my Ticket Corner punch. The next element is Whisper White, Bashful Blue, and DSP from the hostess Prints Pack, all of which had their corners punched. I ran a blue satin ribbon around and tied on saffron colored buttons from the Chloe's Closet collection by Making Memories with light blue Perle cotton. The focal image was stamped on Pure Luxury paper by Gina K. with Memento Rich Cocoa and colored with Copic Markers (see below). It was then cut/embossed with my Deckle Edge Nestabilities die, as were the Bashful Blue and Close To Cocoa mats. It was then popped up on 3M foam squares. No sentiment for this one so I can go lots of different ways with it. What do you think? Are you liking it as much as I do?

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Pears (Lockhart)
Paper: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Close To Cocoa, Frosty Day DSP, Prints Pack DSP (SU!); Pure Luxury 80 lb. (Gina K.)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Deckle Edge Nestabilities dies; 3M foam squares, ribbon, Perle cotton (craft store); Chloe's Closet buttons (Making Memories); Copic markers; Ticket Corner punch (SU!)

2 comments:

  1. My goodness, you've been busy! This is beautiful! I broke down & got some Copics! But I haven't really been able to play yet as I don't have a Memento pad...so.....I am still looking at everyone's creations and "learning"! This is lovely.
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Those pears look great. You are one busy stamper lately, or I am really behind. lol Great edging on the frame too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!