Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Spread your wings and FLY!


[Please don't forget to vote for your favorite Idol contestant (hopefully me!) until 10pm EDT tonight, April 29th! You'll find the poll here. Thanks!]

I'm trying to get caught up on some challenges that I enjoy doing before we get the next MFT Idol challenge, so here's another card today. This one is for Viva la Verve With a Twist #5 for April. The twist this time is to include Spring on the card. I think butterflies are pretty Spring-like so that's what I went with. It's also for the Stampin' B's Challenge #3 which is an inspiration challenge. I don't have any crane stamps so I went with the colors for inspiration and the whole flying thing with the butterfly :)

My base card is 5 1/4" square Whisper White with partial layers of Old Olive, Taken With Teal, and DP from the K & Co. K-ology 6 x 6 Addison paper pad. I used a Martha Stewart border punch on the Old Olive layer and then tied a green grosgrain ribbon around all of that. Both images on the focal element are from Verve's Beautiful Kindness set, stamped in Old Olive and Taken With Teal. The butterfly was stamped twice and one cut out and popped up on a 3M foam square. The Whisper White layer was cut/embossed with a circle Nestabilities die, sponged lightly with Taken With Teal and layered on Taken With Teal and Old Olive. Some turquoise Hero Arts jewels finish off the sketch and add a little bling to the butterfly's body.

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Beautiful Kindness (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive, Taken With Teal (SU!); K & Co. K-ology 6 x 6 Addison paper pad
Ink: Old Olive, Taken With Teal (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Circle Nestabilities; 3M foam squares, ribbon (craft store); border punch (Martha Stewart); jewels (Hero Arts)

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty--love the sentiment and the paper is delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, great layout and I like the pearls you added to the side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, regal colors! I love this one a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!