Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Serenity Now!


This card is for MFTWTG challenge #24--to use sewing on a card. I hadn't inked up this set before so I decided it was time! Love the sentiments in this set!

My base card is Whisper White, with layers of Certainly Celery, Soft Sky (retired In Color) and DP from Memory Box's Sweetbay 6 x 6 paper pack. I zigzagged around the edges of all these before adhering them to the base card. The next element is Certainly Celery with more DP, and the next one is Certainly Celery with a layer of Close To Cocoa. I added a brad from K & Co. Margo Fabric Stitched Brads set and it's up on 3M foam squares. The focal image is from the Serenity now! set and was stamped on Gina K. 80 lb. paper with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and is colored with Copic markers (see picture below for colors I used). It was matted on Soft Sky and Certainly Celery and is also up on foam squares. The sentiment was stamped on Whisper White with Close To Cocoa and cut/embossed with a circle Nestabilities die, as was the Close To Cocoa mat. It's up on foam squares, as well.

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Serenity now! (MFT)
Paper: Whisper White, Close To Cocoa, Certainly Celery, and Soft Sky (SU!); Sweetbay (Memory Box)
Ink: Close To Cocoa (SU!); Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities; 3M foam squares (craft store); brad (K & Co.); Copic markers; sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. The colors you chose are perfect for this stamp and sentiment! I have those K&Company brads somewhere! Thanks for the inspiration.

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous design! I love that brad, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!