Saturday, March 14, 2009

Live Life In Color!


Ever since I got this Flourishes' set called Strut Your Stuff I've been wanting to color this gorgeous peacock, but I was intimidated by it and the DT's gorgeous samples. I decided it was time to try and this is what I came up with for this weeks' Timeless Tuesday challenge. This week it's a sketch, which can be found here.

My base card is Very Vanilla with layers of Pacific Point, Groovy Guava (retired SU! In Color) and DP from the Marrakesh 6 x 6 pad from Basic Grey. My gosh, but I love this paper pack! See how the design in this paper suggests peacock feathers? It couldn't have been better for this card if I'd planned it, which I didn't. I started hunting out paper after the peacock was colored. The next element is more Groovy Guava and more DP, both of which had borders punched on them. The focal image (although the peacock steals the limelight IMO) and sentiment, from the same set, were stamped on Very Vanilla with Memento Rich Cocoa ink (I used SU! markers in Brilliant Blue and Taken With Teal to color the peacock feather). It, and the Groovy Guava and Pacific Point layers were cut/embossed with oval/scalloped Nestabilties dies and the whole thing is up on 3M foam squares. The peacock was stamped on Gina K. Pure Luxury 80 lb. paper with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored with Copic markers (see below for colors used), cut out, and is up on foam squares, as well. Now I'm glad I tackled this bird--I like how it came out. I'd love to hear what you think.

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Strut Your Stuff (Flourishes)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Pacific Point, Groovy Guava (retired In Color) (SU!); Marrakesh 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey); Gina K. Pure Luxury 80 lb. paper
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities; 3M foam squares (craft store); border punch (Martha Stewart; SU! markers; Copic markers

2 comments:

  1. You should NOT be feeling intimidated! This is FABULOUS, Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, this is just beautiful!!!! Love the colors and patterns. The bird coloring and cutwork is wonderful!!! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!