Sunday, February 01, 2009

Traveling the mojo road



Heh, heh, sorry about the title--couldn't resist :) This card is for Mojo Monday #71--in just under the wire. It's also using the colors for this week's Paper Craft Planet's color challenge: Kiwi Kiss, Ballet Blue, and Chocolate Chip. At first I thought, "I don't know about this combination", but once I started pulling out stuff, it started growing on me and now I like it :)

My base card is Whisper White with a layer of Chocolate Chip. The next layer is part Bella Rosa DSP and part Ballet Blue on which I stamped a pattern in Ballet Blue ink. I have this stamp that is larger, but very similar to the pattern on the Bella Rosa paper, so that's what I went with. I like it. A brown satin ribbon covers the seam. The sentiment is stamped with Chocolate Chip on Whisper White with a stamp from Verve's Beautiful You set. It's sponged with Ballet Blue and matted with Ballet Blue, Kiwi Kiss, and Chocolate Chip. Three Fresh Cut Grass Dew Drops accent the bottom and it's up on 3M foam squares. The flower element is a combination of brown silk hydrangea (from Wal*Mart--check out their floral department--lots of useful things there!), a blue Prima, and a designer brad (The Paper Studio--Asian Floral). A brown satin bow and more Dew drops in the corners finish it off.

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Wonderful You (Verve); Studio G stamp for Ballet Blue background
Paper: Whisper White, Ballet Blue, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Bella Rosa DSP (SU!)
Ink: Ballet Blue, Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Accessories: brown ribbon, 3M foam squares, designer brads (Michaels); silk hydrangea (Wal*Mart); Prima; Dew Drops

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, how pretty! And what a great chance to use Ballet Blue! I always struggle with that color!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!