Sunday, February 22, 2009

Signs of Spring


My daffodils are coming up and I see buds on my early varieties, but none are in bloom yet. What I *did* see this morning was one little purple crocus. Since that little crocus is a sure sign of Spring, I thought I'd use my new Flourishes set called Signs of Spring for SCS Sketch Challenge #216. There's no crocus in this set, so this little daffodil will have to do.

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Basic Black, Yoyo Yellow, and Whisper White stamped with the Stitched backgrounder in Basic Black. The next element is DP from a new 6 x 6 pad that I got from Gina K. called Ebony & Alabaster by Black Market Paper Society layered on Basic Black. The layers were cut/embossed with circle and scalloped circle Nestabilities. The next element is Yoyo Yellow on Basic Black. The focal image was stamped on Gina K.'s Pure Luxury 80lb. paper with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copic markers (see below for colors used). I *really* like this paper!!! It was mounted on Yoyo Yellow and Basic black with 3M foam squares and then the whole thing was popped up on foam squares. A black and white polka dotted bow and some faceted jewels embellish the card. The sentiment is from the same set and was stamped on the same paper with the same ink. It was punched out with my Word Window punch, matted on Yoyo Yellow and Basic Black ovals and is also up on foam squares. A smaller faceted jewel provides an accent.

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Signs of Spring (Flourishes)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Yoyo Yellow (SU!); Ebony & Alabaster (Black Market Paper Society)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities; ribbon, faceted jewels, 3M foam squares (craft store); Copic markers

5 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara - what a fabulous card! Oh - the layout and design are wonderful and your color choice is perfect! Thanks so much for showing us such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Barbara! And congratulations on being in The Limelight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara - this is a beautiful card!!! I love that you used the single small daffodil on your Sketch card!!! The colors are very spring and elegant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbra, just got back from our Copic class & Flourishes week-end class, and what a surprise to be catching up on the newsletter and see this stunning black, white, and yellow beauty! Well done and well deserved! SharonD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Barbara! So classy in the yellow and black...love the polka dot ribbon! Congrats on being featured in the Limelight!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!