Monday, February 23, 2009

Sew Glad We're Friends


This card is for Taylored Expressions' Cupcake Challenge #56. CUTE sketch and fun to play with! I'd been wanting to use one of the Puns From the Past stamps so this was the time.

My base card is Very Vanilla with some "antiquing" done with Basic Gray and Creamy Caramel, then layered with Basic Gray and DP from Crafty Secrets' Earthy paper pad, which follows the sketch. I then stitched around each piece of DP with my sewing machine and antiqued this layer and the stitching as well. The next element is Very Vanilla on Basic Gray and was done in the same manner with the addition of antique pewter brads. The focal image was stamped on Very Vanilla with Basic Gray, cut/embossed with oval Nestabilities dies, antiqued, and mounted on 3M foam squares. Very easy and simple to do but I LOVE IT!!!

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Puns From the Past (SU!)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Gray (SU!); Earthy pad (Crafty Secrets)
Ink: Basic Gray, Creamy Caramel (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities; 3M foam squares, sponge, brads (craft store); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!