Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hoping you're on the mend...Color Throwdown #31


Time for another C0lor Throwdown! This is week #31 and the colors, Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, and Kiwi Kiss (or Old Olive) were chosen by Tammy Hersberger. Love these colors together!!My base card is Whisper White with layers of Night Of Navy, Kiwi Kiss, Bashful Blue, and Bashful Blue DSP from the hostess Prints Pack. I *do* like me some layers, LOL! I'm using Mojo Monday sketch # 75 for my layout.
The next element is Night Of Navy on which I used my SU! scalloped border punch with a layer of Kiwi Kiss, on which the sentiment, from PTI's Quilter's Sampler Additions, was stamped in Basic Black ink. Everybody turns the card on end to read the sentiment so I'm not sure this was a good idea, LOL. But it's done and it's staying done! The next element is Night Of Navy with Whisper White and Kiwi Kiss DSP. The end was left white and buttons from my stash were sewn on with DMC embroidery floss. The focal image was stamped on Gina K Pure Luxury 80 lb. paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink using PTI's Quilter's Sampler set and colored with Copic markers (see next picture for colors used). It was matted with all the challenge colors and is up on 3M foam squares. The spool of thread and the needle from the stamp set were stamped in the same manner, colored with Copics, and cut out. The spool of thread was popped up on foam squares and the thread and needle were adhered with a tiny drop of Crystal Effects. I'm liking how it turned out. This quilt set is so versatile--it can tie any set of colors together well.

C'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD31 so we can see your beauty all in one place. And if you play, you *could* be picked as our Featured Stamper and a guest designer! Hope to see you there!

Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week:
Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Cathy Indelicato--Crafty Thoughts
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy

Thanks for dropping in!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Quilter's Sampler, Quilter's Sampler Additions (PTI)
Paper: Whisper White, Night Of Navy, Bashful Blue, Kiwi Kiss, Kiwi Kiss DSP, Bashful Blue DSP Prints Pack (SU!)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Basic Black (SU!)
Accessories: 3M foam squares (craft store); Copic markers; buttons (personal stash); floss-DMC #166, 823, 3755; Crystal Effects (SU!)

7 comments:

  1. Did you seriously cut around that needle and thread?! Wow, that is awesome! Such a pretty card...love all the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color throwdown card! This is my first time playing and it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job with these colors, Bar! I agree with Danielle... love the row of buttons! Fabulous job! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, this is beautiful Barb! I have 288 emails to look through, but I just had to comment on it! Can't wait to get home!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this card, I have this stamp set but have yet to use it. Fantastic colours great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!