Saturday, December 27, 2008

A sweet day.

This card is a triple header. Don't you love it when that happens? It's first, a birthday card that needs to get into the mail today! Yikes, talk about taking it to the wire! Then, it's for (I'm finally getting to catch up on these) PCP color challenge #3. I'm way behind, but I'll get there. Then, it's for Taylored Expression's Cupcake Challenge 48. It's a terrific sketch and it was lots of fun to put together. The challenge colors are Tangerine Tango, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White. Whew!

Since Very Vanilla went with my background better, and I used watercolor paper, my base card is Very Vanilla, then a layer of Chocolate Chip, then a layer of perfect-for-this-stamp paper from Basic Grey's Sugared 6 x 6 pad. The next element is a strip of Baja Breeze on Chocolate Chip. The sentiment was stamped on Very Vanilla with Chocolate Chip using a stamp from the Crazy For Cupcakes set and mounted with 3M foam squares on a strip of Tangerine Tango on Chocolate Chip. I made the Riding Hood Red button with a clear button and a circle of card stock glued to it with Glossy Accents. A bit of hemp "sewed" it on. The focal image was stamped in with Basic Brown on watercolor paper and colored in with Stampin' Markers and my blender pen. I used Liquid Applique for the icing and added "sprinkles" with Sakura glitter pens and Stickles for some bling and sponged the edges a little with Creamy Caramel. It's matted with Riding Hood Red and Chocolate Chip and it's up on SU! dimensionals.

I'm liking it a lot, even though the focal image is a little crooked, LOL. I love the 3M foam squares because they let you reposition--I can't get the SU! demensionals to do that and I'm trying to use them up. Thanks for taking a look!

~Recipe~
Stamps:
Crazy For Cupcakes (SU!)
Paper:
Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red, Tangerine Tango, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Sugared (Basic Grey)
Ink:
Creamy Caramel, Riding Hood Red, Only Orange, Yoyo Yellow, Basic Brown, Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand (SU!)
Accessories:
Liquid Applique, Sakura glitter pens, Stickles, clear button, Word Window punch, hemp, blender pen, sponge, heat gun

2 comments:

  1. So cute, Barbara! I love the patterned paper that you used and that cupcake looks good enough to eat! Thanks for playing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!!
    Your card is so cute -- love the cupcake image!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!