Wednesday, December 24, 2008

So many candles...

...so little cake. That's the sentiment I stamped inside this birthday card for an 80 year old friend, LOL. This card is also for SCS color challenge #197: Basic Gray, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, and Not Quite Navy, and I'm following sketch #22 by Mercy Kerin at her blog, Lord Have Mercy.

My base card is Basic Gray with a piece of DSP from SU!'s Urban Garden collection. The next element is another design in that collection matted with Baja Breeze. The focal image is a Gina K. stamp from the set Botanical Dreams. I stamped it on Whisper White with Kiwi Kiss and if you look really closely, you can tell I watercolored a bit with Baja Breeze. It was then sponged with Kiwi Kiss (I just can't seem to let stark white be stark white, LOL!) and layered on Baja Breeze and then Kiwi Kiss. It's attached with 3M foam squares (I love these little things!). The sentiment is stamped on Whisper White with Kiwi Kiss and a stamp from Verve's Wonderful Wishes. I really love this set, can you tell? The images are small and very versatile. I punched it out with the small oval punch, layered it on Kiwi Kiss punched with the large punch, and layered all that on Not Quite Navy punched with the Designer Label punch. Three silver flat back beads add some balance and finishes it off. I think it all works together very nicely.

Thanks for checking out today's offerings!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Botanical Dreams (Gina K.), Wonderful Wishes (Verve)
Paper: Urban Garden DSP, Basic Gray, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, and Whisper White (SU!)
Ink: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss (SU!)
Accessories: small and large oval punches, Designer Label punch (SU!), brush, flat back silver beads, sponge, 3M foam squares (craft store)

1 comment:

  1. barbara,

    this is beautiful! you;ve done an amazing job with the sketch, too! love that dsp...don't you?

    thanks for playing along with the sketch!

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!