Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I'm baaaack! Did ya miss me?

Now my life is my own again and I can stamp!! My open house was a rousing success and I had so much fun! We had 85 people come by and everyone loved all my decorations and trees. I put up a total of 33 trees this year. Before some of you pass out, LOL, they are not all full size trees. I'm planning on starting a different blog for Christmas for them and other decorations and I'll link it here. Anyway, obviously I've been very busy getting ready for my big party. But, I was pretty organized and everything went off without a hitch. Yesterday was clean up/put things away and cooking for the office party today. BUT I did get to make a couple of cards that I'll post another day.

Today's first post shows some of my decorations that are made with paper. I did several more covered letter words (like I did earlier this year) to place around and I love how they turned out. This first one is what you see when you walk up to my front door. I did the letters for WELCOME in traditional Christmas colors using craft store scrapbook papers and placed them with some artificial greenery and ornaments. I got all of these letters at Michaels. A quick run down on how I did these: glue letters to paper, cut around with an X-Acto knife, smooth with an emery board and sanding block. For these, I sponged my favorite Creamy Caramel ink around the edges for a woodland look, which is what I'm trying for on the front porch. I use this because it's water based and doesn't stay "greasy" feeling like the Distress ink did on the set I did for FALL. I didn't feel like any of these paper needed any sort of embellishements. Here's a full view of this vignette:
















Here's a close-up of part of the letters, showing the papers I used:
















And here are the rest:

















~Recipe~
Stamps: none
Paper: craft store scrapbook papers
Ink: Creamy Caramel (SU!)
Accessories: Resin letters (Michaels), glue stick, X-Acto knife, emery boards, sanding block, sponge

1 comment:

  1. I love this too! I have some pinecones in a basket on my porch, these would look neat along with them....someday!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!