Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Holly and the Ivy

Well, the holly anyway. This card is for SCS sketch challenge 204. Great sketch, really great. I flipped it because the image I wanted to use fit better that way, but I'm sure I'll be using this sketch again.

My base card is Very Vanilla with a layer of DP from Cosmo Cricket's Oh Joy collection. Actually, all the DP is from that collection. The second element is first Riding Hood Red then DP, and the same for the next element, just different DP. I tied a red ribbon bow around it. The focal image is stamped with StazOn Jet Black ink on water color paper with a Karen Lockhart stamp called Holly Berry Tree. I got it from Ellen Hutson's store and I just love it! I colored it with SU! markers in Rose Red, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, and More Mustard, and shadowing with Sahara Sand. Some paper piercing and red Dew Drops from the Poinsettia collection add a little interest in two of the corners. I'm really loving this card. I think it will be hard to part with it. Thanks for dropping by to see what's new!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Holly Berry Tree (Lockhart Stamp Co.)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Rose Red (SU!), Oh Joy DP (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Rose Red, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, More Mustard, and Sahara Sand (SU!)
Accessories: blender pen, Dew Drops, Mat Pack (SU!), ribbon (craft store)

1 comment:

  1. Love this image, what a great job you did with the coloring. It looks so rich & deep, I think it could just jump off the page. Wonderful!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!