Friday, October 10, 2008

Chocolate Tangerine Kisses, CC187

This card is for my first submission to a SCS color challenge. The colors are Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango, and Kiwi Kiss. I think this is my all-time favorite card. Does everyone think their newest is the best? I don't always, but in this case I do. I think I'll frame it and hang it in my Girl Cave. I made it to send to some one, but I think it's staying put.

The design is simple, but everything came together just right. The card base is Chocolate Chip. The next layer is from a Debbie Mumm fall mat pack I picked up at JoAnn Fabrics and I love every piece of paper in the pack--I need to go get another one. The focal image stamp is by Great Impressions and says exactly how I feel about fall. Have I ever mentioned that fall is my favorite season? It's stamped with Chocolate Chip ink and the edges sponged with that as well. The structure of the focal image is pretty clear, the the thing that really shows it up is the punched leaves and it's up on dimensionals. The oak leaf punch is by McGill and the maple leaf is a Martha Stewart punch. I punched each leaf four times using DP from the K & Co. Fall Harvest mat pack, another one I love. Each leaf if up on a tiny piece of foam tape for dimension. I really love this card and I hope you do too. Thanks so much for visiting and looking at my work.

Recipe: Stamps--Great Impressions stamp; Paper--Fall mat pack by Debbie Mumm, Fall Harvest mat pack by K & Co., Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango, and Kiwi Kiss (SU!); Ink--Chocolate Chip (SU!); Accessiories--Martha Stewart maple leaf punch, Magill oak leaf punch, brads (craft store)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!