Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wedding congratulations.

The kid a couple of doors up the street is getting married next month (can't believe that--she's still 5 years old, right?) and I decided not to wait until the last minute to make her card. I'm so good, I've already got her gift, too!! Her colors are black and green so I made her card with those colors in mind. On a GP white card base I layered Basic Black and Certainly Celery (I so love that color!!) and tied a sheer black ribbon bow on. The focal image is stamped with a stamp from the Inkadinkado set Wedding, as is the sentiment. I colored the bouquet flowers with my Certainly Celery marker to spice that up a little. The main image is layered on Certainly Celery and then Basic Black. Same for the sentiment image but I used a long rectangle Nestabilities die for the black layer to add a little interest. Flat back pearls at the top and some paper piercing on the main image corners balance it a bit and it's done! Elegant, I think. Thanks for looking!

Recipe: Stamps--Inkadinkado Wedding; Paper--GP white, Basic Black and Certainly Celery (SU!); Ink--Basic Black and Certainly Celery (SU!); Accessories--black sheer ribbon (Wal*mart), flat back pearls (craft store); Tools--Nestabilities dies.

1 comment:

  1. Well, if the wedding is a gorgeous as this card it will definitely be a lovely day! Beautiful job, and way to work ahead! I'm terrible at that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!